Whidbey Examiner Flyerboard
11061 NE 2nd St
First Congregational Church of Christ
1896 ? Our church community was formed as the Union Sunday School. It was the only church group in the area, and was made up of Christians of different denominations.
1901 ? The little white church building was built on the corner of NE 8th and 108th Ave NE in Bellevue.
1952 ? A new sanctuary was built next to the little white church.
1958 ? The sanctuary was rotated, and a new education wing was built.
1959 ? We became an early member of the new UCC denomination.
1996 ? The congregation made a public covenant to be an open and affirming church. What it means to be ?open and affirming?.
2007 ? The congregation participated in creating a comprehensive strategic plan that helped us make the decision to move.
2016 ? We moved to our current building.
Terms of Service
, Inc. - All rights reserved.